• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Injured Tarantula

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok. Water is all that I’m giving it. I’m doing that twice a day. About 6-8 drops per time. Do you think that is enough? Still in ICU
ICUs for tarantulas are a joke. Stuffy humid environments for spiders are not a good thing. Many arid tarantulas like the one you have do not do good in wet stuffy environments. A clean container with some substrate is all you need.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have "tried" saving many stung spiders in the past. The spider doesn't need to start eating until it's moving around alot on its own. This could be months down the road. Just water for now.

finley8445

I rescued a small Tarantula from a Tarantula Hawk Wasp yesterday evening. I wasn’t sure if the Tarantula was still alive but after reading about the Tarantula Hawk Wasp and what it was doing I understand that he was probably stung and is likely still alive. I put him in a small box with a lid and air holes He is in a safe place in my house. This morning he is moving all of his legs but unable to coordinate to walk. I did give him a syringe drop of water in his mouth this morning. My question is… what type of care can I give him to aid his recovery and how long should I nurse him before releasing back into my yard?
Hello Everyone. I want to let you know that my rescued T has passed. I’m very sad. I want to say that all of your support, guidance, knowledge and caring is so appreciated. I wouldn’t have been able to help this little T without all of you. Best wishes to all of you and your Ts. Linda

SingaporeBlue

Hello Everyone. I want to let you know that my rescued T has passed. I’m very sad. I want to say that all of your support, guidance, knowledge and caring is so appreciated. I wouldn’t have been able to help this little T without all of you. Best wishes to all of you and your Ts. Linda
I'm so sorry for your loss, us as a community are here for you

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tough break, friend. Despite your best efforts, and your efforts were impressive, many don't make it. A paralyzing sting can slowly shut down all T body functions. I know it doesn't help, but in Arizona, there are lots of calcodes. Maybe you got the "bug"? You could give one or many a really good life. Please think about it.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Yes , I think we were all hoping for a recovery for the little one. I too am hoping you will consider getting a tarantula. They really are amazing creatures.
Regardless of whether you do or you don't, you seem to have a very good heart.

finley8445

Yes , I think we were all hoping for a recovery for the little one. I too am hoping you will consider getting a tarantula. They really are amazing creatures.
Regardless of whether you do or you don't, you seem to have a very good heart.
Thank you so much. I tried really hard. I don’t know if I’ll ever keep a T but may someday. They are amazing creatures. We are getting a lavender bush to bury him under. I want something to remember him by. Sounds corny but I don’t care.

SingaporeBlue

Thank you so much. I tried really hard. I don’t know if I’ll ever keep a T but may someday. They are amazing creatures. We are getting a lavender bush to bury him under. I want something to remember him by. Sounds corny but I don’t care.
nah it's not corny, i think it's a really nice thing to do for him

finley8445

I know this is probably silly but I buried T under a lavender plant that I got. Here’s a pic.
CA1EC15E-EF08-41CD-9548-8F58669B2AEF.jpeg

Latest posts