• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Increasing humidity

humble_human

3 Year Member
Hi there,
First time posting and am trying to improve the care of my Rose Hair, Atticus. During these colder times I most def get worried about her and I will read conflicting info on whether or not to include a heating pad or lamp. I did read that their humidity needs to range from 65-70 and I noticed that it's in the low 40s. She currently has barracked herself in her half log with a lot of web enclosing her. How do I increase the humidity without stressing her out? Also, we realized that her tank is way too large (40 gallons) and we plan to downsize. I also noticed that she hasn't molted in over a year. Is that normal? Otherwise she has seemed healthy but when the temperature dropped we noticed that she's been in her half log. Also she's approx. 10 years old. Thanks in advance.

(she's in there - but this is what I meant that she's barracked herself) I'm scared to lift up her log cuz I don't want to stress her out.)
Atticus (1).jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Slide on over to the introduction section when you get a moment, drop a hello and tell us a little bit about yourself and your history keeping tarantulas

In the meantime, don't worry yourself too much about humidity, if the tarantula has access to water, like a water dish, and you overflow it every week or two to get a corner of the substrate wet, letting it dry out before repeating, your T will have access to all the moisture and humidity it needs.

Welcome!

humble_human

3 Year Member
Adult rose hairs like it dry. Overflow the water dish and keep it full (unless it is continuously filled with dirt) and things should be fine. Grammostolas are very slow growers and adults can be years between molts.
Thank you for your reply. I really do appreciate it. I'm committed to upping my game in her care and I'm having fun learning how resilient her species is.

humble_human

3 Year Member
Slide on over to the introduction section when you get a moment, drop a hello and tell us a little bit about yourself and your history keeping tarantulas

In the meantime, don't worry yourself too much about humidity, if the tarantula has access to water, like a water dish, and you overflow it every week or two to get a corner of the sub Street wet, letting it dry out before repeating, your tea will have access to all the moisture and humidity it means
Will do :D Re: the Intro section.

I really appreciate the insights especially on not stressing too much lol. Thank you!

Latest posts