• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Importing tarantulas/spiders from europe?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lately i've been interested in loxosceles simillima, a communal recluse spider with nice patterning. I want to buy a colony of them but the prices in america are still very high.
The prices in europe are a lot lower so I was wondering for people with experience in importing, would it be worth to buy about 50-100 from europe where the prices are a lot cheaper.

Video for attention
If you have all the proper permits and documentation then yes, but at the same time from what little I know there are other fees associated with imports that make it more expensive in the long run for such a small purchase.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
From what I know there is a requirement to meet both the export countries & the import country's requirements. And if you are importing/exporting 50 plus T's then that would almost certainly make you a commercial exporter/importer, so would probably require a lot more paperwork than for a couple of pets.

Heretic

This practice will not end well. At some point in time and some place unknown things will go bad due to the importation of arachnids. Anyone following the Python issue in Florida? Flat out destruction of all privately owned "pets" because of FUD... Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

Latest posts