• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ideas for adult female N. incei enclosures?

NorseDad

I've got a mature female (~3") N. incei gold color form named "Peaches" that is in desperate need of a rehouse. Up until now, I've had her in an enclosure with a lot of substrate for burrowing and she stays burrowed most of the time. I've read some conflicting reports of how to properly do an enclosure for them, but I want to do something nice for her forever home. How do you keep yours? Anyone have any pictures I could look at?

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've got a mature female (~3") N. incei gold color form named "Peaches" that is in desperate need of a rehouse. Up until now, I've had her in an enclosure with a lot of substrate for burrowing and she stays burrowed most of the time. I've read some conflicting reports of how to properly do an enclosure for them, but I want to do something nice for her forever home. How do you keep yours? Anyone have any pictures I could look at?
I only have slings. I keep them with half sub/half web anchor points.
The seem to love making web tunnels and curtains above and also burrow so I give them the best of both worlds. They just web web web.
I currently have them all in varying sizes of cylinders set up exactly as described. I will post pics once I'm home.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
P irminia will always make hides and females will always burrow and often tend to egg sacs in their burrows.

The largest enclosure you should need for an adult female is an Exo Terra Nano tall, but you can always go bigger if you want to.

I have my adult female in a gallon jug from Walmart. I just pulled an egg sac from her and I'm waiting for her to molt until I rehouse her.

No pics handy, 4 inches of substrate, leaning cork bark, leaves and a water dish and you're all set. Sans drainage layer, this would be a prime species for bioactive, IMO

prince charmless

I only have slings. I keep them with half sub/half web anchor points.
The seem to love making web tunnels and curtains above and also burrow so I give them the best of both worlds. They just web web web.
I currently have them all in varying sizes of cylinders set up exactly as described. I will post pics once I'm home.
Mine unfortunately expired. I got it as a 1/4" freebee at an expo, I had it for about 3 months and guessing I lost it in a molt. This one was a trinidad olive. They are great webbers and later I would like get some N. Incei golds to start a communal

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
P irminia will always make hides and females will always burrow and often tend to egg sacs in their burrows.

The largest enclosure you should need for an adult female is an Exo Terra Nano tall, but you can always go bigger if you want to.

I have my adult female in a gallon jug from Walmart. I just pulled an egg sac from her and I'm waiting for her to molt until I rehouse her.

No pics handy, 4 inches of substrate, leaning cork bark, leaves and a water dish and you're all set. Sans drainage layer, this would be a prime species for bioactive, IMO
Please disregard my post, I'm talking about the wrong dang species

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Crappy photos but same idea.

Attachments

• D810B4F3-47D5-46D7-B6DE-D49D5C5817E8.jpeg
    D810B4F3-47D5-46D7-B6DE-D49D5C5817E8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 2F167BEA-C153-4877-B605-74044747DF07.jpeg
    2F167BEA-C153-4877-B605-74044747DF07.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8