• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I love molts!

Meludox

3 Year Member
My T. gigas and B. smithi molted a few days ago on the same day which was a nice surprise, A genic. and E. cyanognathus both molted without me knowing they were in pre-molt and last night my Cyclosternum pentalore molted. It's showing adult coloring now, but this little thing puts on little size every molt. It's molted twice, and it's finally 3/4". :S But I can't really complain with coloring like that.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love the transition from sling to juvie when they start showing their adult colors. my avic did this last molt, i finally got a pic of her. Had to lure her out of her web tunnel by breathing on the ventilation holes ;)
20160618_171244[1].jpg

Inca - A. sp. Peru Purple

I love the tiny little pink feet :) She's not big enough yet to see the florescent green foot pads though.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Moulting time is a happy time. My little A. versi was sitting in its web when I fed the little ones tonight and 2 hours later I found it had moulted.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Moulting time is a happy time. My little A. versi was sitting in its web when I fed the little ones tonight and 2 hours later I found it had moulted.
my versi does the same thing. One minute they're out and about, then you look in later and have 2 spiders there ;) My versi eats right up until she's ready to molt, so you never know with her. My sp. Peru Purple will fast for a couple weeks and then molt so you get an idea with her when it's happening.

Meludox

3 Year Member
I love the transition from sling to juvie when they start showing their adult colors. my avic did this last molt, i finally got a pic of her. Had to lure her out of her web tunnel by breathing on the ventilation holes ;)
View attachment 17418
Inca - A. sp. Peru Purple

I love the tiny little pink feet :) She's not big enough yet to see the florescent green foot pads though.
Love this picture! I also love the transition between sling and adult colors. Wish that I could have seen that with my versi. :( But my P. pulcher is very close to that phase so at least I'll have something to enjoy soon.

LP and B. smithi #1 are in very heavy pre-molt and B. albopilosum molted today. :D

timc

3 Year Member
F word. My so. Peru purple is still eating. Guess I have a while to go. (It's cool. They're so cute when they're little)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
F word. My so. Peru purple is still eating. Guess I have a while to go. (It's cool. They're so cute when they're little)
They are. I liked the yellow sling color, i'm liking the new almost adult colors it's sporting now though better. It's about 1.5" now so it seems with most T's that's when they start to show their adult colors. all of my others have so far at that size.