• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I got my first tarantula a few days ago and I just moved my T. Vagans to his new home. What should I put in there to make him feel safe and cozy?

Astronomus

IMG_20241009_174805.jpg

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Hi and welcome to the forum .It just need some were it can hid maybe fill the entrance with more substrate, if wants more space it will dig out they sneaking to tight space . Maybe want a smaller water dish ,it looks deep would not want it to drown. Some small prey items for feeding that add at feeding times , that is the basics .

Astronomus

Hi and welcome to the forum .It just need some were it can hid maybe fill the entrance with more substrate, if wants more space it will dig out they sneaking to tight space . Maybe want a smaller water dish ,it looks deep would not want it to drown. Some small prey items for feeding that add at feeding times , that is the basics .
the tube is too big? I hoped it would suffice. As for food, I have crickets and fed him his second today, first was 2 days ago and Im planing to feed him every 3 to 4 days. As for the water, I dont have smaller dish at the moment, but I will buy smaller, dont want my precious baby to drown.

Astronomus

also, is it normal that he is still at the same place for hours? I thought he was just eating the cricket, but after 3 hours at the same place Im starting to get worried.

Mudring76

the tube is too big? I hoped it would suffice. As for food, I have crickets and fed him his second today, first was 2 days ago and Im planing to feed him every 3 to 4 days. As for the water, I dont have smaller dish at the moment, but I will buy smaller, dont want my precious baby to drown

also, is it normal that he is still at the same place for hours? I thought he was just eating the cricket, but after 3 hours at the same place Im starting to get worried.
It could take up to a week or more before it gets comfortable with its new enclosure also if you wanted the water dish you could put small pieces of gravel down in it just make sure you clean them if you get them from outside just with hot water that way it's not so deep