• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How should i feed my T?

Chris Tyler

3 Year Member
So i bought some crickets and just put them in the enclosure with my T should i only give them to it 1 at a time or put a couple in all at once and just let them roam around till it's hungry?

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
Feed it one at a time. Like Melodox said. wait 24 hours before removing it if hasn't been eaten. A well fed tarantula will have an abdomen a bit larger than its carapace. Its possible to feet a T 2 crickets simultaneously. wait for it to grab the first then drop the 2nd in and see if it goes for it :).

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Feed it one at a time. Like Melodox said. wait 24 hours before removing it if hasn't been eaten. A well fed tarantula will have an abdomen a bit larger than its carapace. Its possible to feet a T 2 crickets simultaneously. wait for it to grab the first then drop the 2nd in and see if it goes for it :).
Depends on the size of the T and the crickets. Large Ts can eat 2 at once no problem, 1 on each fang. Gotta size the crickets right for the T.

Latest posts