• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How about a thread from the people with the T Pic taking skills giving pointers

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
Any Pro pic takers care to give pointers, tips and or advice? please post here. I am really looking forward to photographing mine and any advice is appreciated.

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I don't know if I have "skills" but this is what I do. I have a simple point and shoot with a macro setting. I take a TON of shots of the T in question and then delete 95% of them because they're blurry, etc. I then crop them on iPhoto and adjust the exposure if needed.

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
Not a pro but here are some nice tips i could share with you:

- a coco fiber substrate will enhance the exposure of the photo if you have the flash on. Dark colored Ts will look bright and contrasting.

- dark colored Ts will look drab or much darker against a light colored substrate.

- hairy Ts against a dark colored substrate (darker than moist cocofiber) will yield really shiny leg hairs or a shiny almost bald looking abdomen.

- shooting slightly tilted will yield better photos than shooting directly above the spider

- if needed, shoot in a well-lit room. If not, a normal white colored flashlight or cellfone light does well to illuminate a photo

That's it for now. These are normally the things i encounter during my pictorials lol

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
The Lytro i am speaking of can be found on ebay used for 100-200 I can't afford the 1500.00 version. looks like a rectangular tube and can use wifi to send the pics to PC if my research is correct.

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
Took first T pic with my new Lytro camera.
b.vagans.png

Hopefully will improve on this. need to work out lighting and stuff.

Tim vader

3 Year Member
A few of my spider pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 15

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
I have my lytro 1st gen. it is nice but i am looking for a decently priced real camera that i can add spacers and lenses to. I do nto want to break the bank in the process. I want something that has a remote or cord for snapping the shots so i do not wiggle camera at last second.