• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Holy crap

Star8527

3 Year Member
i got my 2nd t today a pink toe.. I put the sling in its cage the top is still off it jumps right at me.. I am not even making this up.. I knew they jumped but I didn't think it would jump at me.. Almost game me a heart attack!! Please tell me it's not going to do this every time I open the cage.. Now it's just watching me and waiting...

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I highly doubt the spider can see you unless you're literally inches away from it.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah star its intentions are not to jump at u every time u open its enclosure. im sure it was just strung out from being bought and transported home and moved around a lot. they dont like that. after it calms down u will probably be able to move around its cage and it wont care. let it be and settle in.

also if u are that afraid of a pink toe, do not get anything faster or more aggressive than that...ever! pink toes are the "puppy dogs" of tree dwellers. lol