• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hoffmenus springus (striper devil scorpian) babies

kenney

3 Year Member
Ok i have roughly 20 young, they are leaving moms back and darting around, when should i take them out so mom dont make them dinner?

Telson

3 Year Member
Ok i have roughly 20 young, they are leaving moms back and darting around, when should i take them out so mom dont make them dinner?
Congrats! I just wait til they all come off, you can feed the female with babies on her back, or on the ground around her.

Telson

3 Year Member
I put my females in the container i raise the babies in, let them come off, then remove the mom back to her adult enclosure. If the babies are in the adult enclosure..you're going to be busy for awhile, getting them all out, lol

kenney

3 Year Member
It was in her container, so ya i will have to try to catch them all,

Can i raise the scorpling togther or should i break them up?

Telson

3 Year Member
I raise them together until third instar, then separate them. Young ones cant resist a moulting brother or sister, from what ive seen with my gracilis, hentzi and H cyaneus. Ive kept three Rh. junceus together and suprisingly they're doing fine at 4th instar. I seperated three others individually as a fall back, turns out it wasnt necessary for these three. I have a feeling im pushing my luck though:)

Latest posts