• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi

halcyon

3 Year Member
Hi everyone!

A little bit about me - my name is Ann, I'm from a small town in southern WV, and work full-time as a CNA and I'm also a full-time nursing student. I've just recently entered into the world of Ts. My friend has several and I had always wanted one, but never could make the final decision to get one until just recently when we went to a reptile show and he let me hold a pretty chill B. smithi juvie. Needless to say, my mind was made up. I'm currently waiting on my sling to arrive Thursday morning, and I'm really excited. I initially wanted a P. metallica, but after a lot of research, I decided on a G. pulchripes. I haven't even gotten my sling yet, and I've already made a list of four more that I want right now. No one warned me how addicting this hobby is. Hah. :) In addition to my sling, I have a four month old Mack Snow leopard gecko (Tohki-jin), two cats (Turbo and Whiskey/Whiskers), two Chihuahuas (Imi-cola and Paco), an American Pit Bull Terrier (Zeus), a German Shepard (Susie), and a sugar glider (Macey Grace). I also own a miniature horse named Peanut and quite a lot of chickens. I raise mealies for my gecko and glider, and I've recently gotten into raising B. Dubia.

In addition to my gang of pets, my interests are music, listening to podcasts (Welcome to Night Vale is my absolute favorite), reading (although the only reading I've managed to do for the past 8 months is nursing textbooks, oi), video games, and writing. I'm excited to meet everyone and be a part of the group!

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome Ann, I'm Waylon. There's a lot of nice folks here, we'll be happy to answer any questions you have. Don't be shy! And welcome to a very addictive hobby...you'll see what I mean when you have 30 tarantulas in your bedroom...;)

halcyon

3 Year Member
Thanks! :) Oh, if it's anything like my reptile habit, then I'm definitely in trouble. I've a list of around 40 reptiles I want. I've been working on my T list for a few days and I'm already sitting at around 30 species I want. I think tarantulas just might be the most interesting pet I've come across so far. :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thought I had said hello,guess my phone is rather unreliable

Hi there and Welcome to the forum ^*^

N8tive556

3 Year Member
Meh I'll add my 2 cents! Hiya! You've landed in a good spot, I'm still kind of new to the whole forum thingy however, the people are amazing if you couldn't tell already!

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, P.metallica are nice to look at, but they're extremely overrated in my opinion. There are prettier species out there if you like blue. In fact, many P.metallicas will actually turn more of a blackish color as they get older.

halcyon

3 Year Member
I've heard they're overrated, but I still want one eventually. They've just moved down on my list. My friend first got me into P. metallica when we went to a reptile show and I fell in love with a sling there.

Latest posts