• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi to all

jenna

New T momma here.
Just thought I'd join as I'm very new to the hobby and keeping T's. Always have had a fear of spiders, but something about T's fascinated me.
Put alot of thought into my decision, and did as much research as I could before I finally decided to pick up my first girl in April at an expo. She is a B. Boehmei, and as feisty as they come.
In June I adopted my 7 legged A. Seemanni from a local pet store. So far it has been amazing watching them, and learning, and can't wait to learn even more.
tarantula forum was recommended, considering some other forums can be a tiny bit...discouraging (for lack of a better word)

Attachments

• 20240612_230039.jpg
    20240612_230039.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240604_201331.jpg
    20240604_201331.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,368

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Jenna welcome to the hobby & the forum. Lucky you, having a 7 legger. You will now get to watch one of natures wonders. Over the next two molts, 7 will become 8. First a thin leg will appear, next the full thing.

We have a Brachy who is generally known as psycho b1tch due to her wonderful temperament. All it takes is for the International Space Station to pass overhead, & she threat postures & flicks hair.

jenna

Hi Jenna welcome to the hobby & the forum. Lucky you, having a 7 legger. You will now get to watch one of natures wonders. Over the next two molts, 7 will become 8. First a thin leg will appear, next the full thing.

We have a Brachy who is generally known as psycho b1tch due to her wonderful temperament. All it takes is for the International Space Station to pass overhead, & she threat postures & flicks hair.
Not gonna lie, I'm super excited to watch her progress, they truly are amazing little furry creatures

Welcome Jenna! As M0slx so astutely pointed out you get to see a Tarantula re-generate a limb. I have witnessed this twice now! My M. Balfori lost a pedipalp and 2 legs! 3 molts later and you can't tell. Simply amazing animals! Love'em!!!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just started in April, and getting ready to add #3 and #4 to the list pumpkin patch...(not sure the correct scientific name) and a grammostola pulchra
Trying to keep the list to 6....maybe 8 ‍♀️

That won't happen.
I was only ever going to have one but before I knew it I had 100, down to 30 now though.

Latest posts