• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi, I am new :/ Is my brand new spider dead?

KattDee

3 Year Member
20150903_203534-1_zps659it577.jpg.html

He has not moved in three days. He is right side up. some of his legs are curled but not all. We have had him a month. :( Not sure i posted picture right. http://s612.photobucket.com/user/Ka...0903_203534-1_zps659it577.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

77RRad

3 Year Member
get something to the T in.put a damp paper towel in and take the T and set it inside with another damp paper towel over it . take the lid and put some holes in it for venting and see how it is after 24 hours.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How were you keeping it?

These are arboreal, so they need a tall enclosure. They should be kept with dry substrate and lots of cross-ventilation and a water dish.

KattDee

3 Year Member
How were you keeping it?

These are arboreal, so they need a tall enclosure. They should be kept with dry substrate and lots of cross-ventilation and a water dish.
It is my husband's. We got a tall enclosure from xeo terra with a place for him to hide, a water dish, some natural wood. It was a pink toe tarantula. The gentlemen who sold him to us gave us this "sponge" to put in the water dish, and told us to make sure there is not an excess of water. I did not agree with that, and it is what I feel went wrong. The sponge part. We fed him crickets, and he seemed fine for a month. Then one day, he went to hide, and we could not find him. When we found him, we did not touch him, we thought maybe it was premolt and he was saving his energy. Then his legs started to curl under, and I reached out to you guys. We feel terrible about, and tried to do all the research we could. I just found this site, so hopefully we will learn from this and you guys can help us along the way. We will listen less to pet shop people.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is my husband's. We got a tall enclosure from xeo terra with a place for him to hide, a water dish, some natural wood. It was a pink toe tarantula. The gentlemen who sold him to us gave us this "sponge" to put in the water dish, and told us to make sure there is not an excess of water. I did not agree with that, and it is what I feel went wrong. The sponge part. We fed him crickets, and he seemed fine for a month. Then one day, he went to hide, and we could not find him. When we found him, we did not touch him, we thought maybe it was premolt and he was saving his energy. Then his legs started to curl under, and I reached out to you guys. We feel terrible about, and tried to do all the research we could. I just found this site, so hopefully we will learn from this and you guys can help us along the way. We will listen less to pet shop people.
Here's how I keep my Avics.
uploadfromtaptalk1441442130634.jpg

Jamie's Tarantulas has some good enclosures for adults.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know, I'm simply trying to give you an example of an ideal enclosure for an Avicularia. If you didn't have holes drilled in the sides of the enclosure, then lack of cross-ventilation could've been the culprit.

Latest posts