• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Everyone

WVSpiderlover89

3 Year Member
Hey everyone I'm Jimmy. I'm new here and also somewhat new to the hobby as well. I'm really excited to dive more into it like my other hobbies of reef keeping and my love for my parrots as well. I currently only have two T's I am housing. One is a Brazillian Red and White spiderling, which seems to be doing really well. Fingers crossed he/she molts soon it's growing fast! My other one is a Chile Red Zebra about 4". I am located in WV but very close to MD,VA, and PA. I'm hoping to get to know some people around my area that love spiders too to learn as much as I can. Some of my dream spiders I really want are a Mexican Fire Leg and a Pinktoe of some type. I really want an arboreal species to add to my collection soon. Since I'm new to the hobby somewhat, any and all input or experience is well appreciated. :) Thanks for reading!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey everyone I'm Jimmy. I'm new here and also somewhat new to the hobby as well. I'm really excited to dive more into it like my other hobbies of reef keeping and my love for my parrots as well. I currently only have two T's I am housing. One is a Brazillian Red and White spiderling, which seems to be doing really well. Fingers crossed he/she molts soon it's growing fast! My other one is a Chile Red Zebra about 4". I am located in WV but very close to MD,VA, and PA. I'm hoping to get to know some people around my area that love spiders too to learn as much as I can. Some of my dream spiders I really want are a Mexican Fire Leg and a Pinktoe of some type. I really want an arboreal species to add to my collection soon. Since I'm new to the hobby somewhat, any and all input or experience is well appreciated. :) Thanks for reading!
Welcome to the forum Jimmy. As others have said. Great people on here and always willing to help. RE: "pinktoe of some description", the Avicularia Avicularia is commonly referred as the pink toe but there are some really lovely Avicularia sp. out there. Some of my personal faves being A. Versicolor, A. Diversipes and A. Purpurea. When slings, all of these are absolutely gorgeous with the A. Versicolor and/or A. Diversepes probably the best looking avics when mature.... but that is only my opinion. ☺ Avics like tall enclosures, plenty of cross ventilation and can be a bit sensitive to humidity although I have never had any problems with mine. I hope this helps. Welcome again.