• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi everybody

JennieStrife

Hi I'm Jen from the UK.
I'm a noob at spiders and only have slings and jumping spiders at the moment.
I love the arboreals but I also have a couple of terrestrials.
I know no one in to this so I am dead excited to talk about tarantula and true spiders with you all!
Thank for having me.
Jen

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Alan,
So pleased to meet you.
Would love to talk about where you get feeders if you have time.
Thanks
Jen
Yes, not an issue. Personally, I use my local Jollyes. I have just over 100 T's & buy 4 tubs of differing sizes of crickets each week. It's 4 for £8. Every few weeks, I swap a tub of crickets for a tub of mealworms.

My local Jollyes receives 3 deliveries a week. Monday, Wednesday & Friday. But not on bank holidays.

I used to use Pets at home, but for me, they became unreliable & had so many dead crickets in their tubs. Other branches may be different.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have tried keeping roaches as food for my T's. But found I my T's took them less often, than they do crickets. So I now only keep a couple of species of large roaches as pets.

JennieStrife

Yes, not an issue. Personally, I use my local Jollyes. I have just over 100 T's & buy 4 tubs of differing sizes of crickets each week. It's 4 for £8. Every few weeks, I swap a tub of crickets for a tub of mealworms.

My local Jollyes receives 3 deliveries a week. Monday, Wednesday & Friday. But not on bank holidays.

I used to use Pets at home, but for me, they became unreliable & had so many dead crickets in their tubs. Other branches may be different.
Blimey. I have 9, will be 11 shortly.
I don't know what a jollyes is. I'm struggling with exactly what you say. I can only get decent feeders from the spider shop.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Blimey. I have 9, will be 11 shortly.
I don't know what a jollyes is. I'm struggling with exactly what you say. I can only get decent feeders from the spider shop.

Jolleys are a chain of pet stores & depending upon where you live you can buy crickets etc from places like reptile stores, as well as the big chains.

Jolleys website.