• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heyyyy my first tarantula molted!

Matt300ZXT

This is pretty exciting for some reason lol My gbb that's roughly the size of a quarter in dls molted! It hadn't really been eating so I kinda figured it may be coming soon but I look in my little enclosure for it today and there's old tarantula skin just laying there and it's standing there next to it. It's not on its back lying there all dead looking like some videos I've seen. Do some tarantulas just cast that off and stand like normal? How long do you guys think I should wait before trying to feed it again? 4 or 5 days, longer? I'm trying to move my head around the enclosure w/o touching it so I don't disturb it by touching the enclosure but it'll still move a little inside, like it knows I'm watching and it doesn't like it lol

T-Baby

3 Year Member
It doesn’t matter how long or how many tarantulas you have, finding a moult is always exciting! Depending on size it can take up to a whole day to moult, the time varies dependent on the Tarantula though.
I would wait 5days - week to feed, just keep the water dish topped up. Even if you tried feeding earlier and it weren’t ready to eat it simply wouldn’t.