• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey, Tarantula Forum Members!

I just got a Grammostola Pulchripes(Chaco Golden Knee) sling. I've had one in the past, along with a Chilean Rose Hair. I'm excited to get back into the hobby and watch this little one grow! I just got her(fingers crossed) yesterday, so I'll wait until I get her an enclosure before posting pics; she's currently in a condiment cup. Enclosure, substrate, and a tiny hide and water dish are on the shopping list for today. Hopefully my local shop has everything. Anything else I should get?

If anyone has an recommendations on a good tarantula place in the Madison WI area, please let me know. I know of Reptile Rapture, but would love as many resources as possible.

Thanks for the welcomes!
Got her into a bigger deli cup today at least. Local shops didn’t have tiny enclosures, so I got one online that Should be here Sat. This will do for now. She’s ~the legspan of a penny. The water in the cap is very shallow. Just didn’t know if she might be thirsty and wanted to provide something. Hopefully I can get a rock in the middle tomorrow.

Attachments

• 260F1384-4F2E-4529-A328-A22BD576AFD2.jpeg
    260F1384-4F2E-4529-A328-A22BD576AFD2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Let us know how things are going from time to time.

My first T was. G. pulchripes and she was an amazing bulldozer and digger when she was younger. I try to avoid heavy things such as rocks in case the T tries to dig underneath or climbs and falls. I am overprotective like that.

I got her when she was about 1.5 inches. Later I got one that was about the size of yours or smaller and that little one is also fun to watch. Here is what the smallest one was like.

2FAAC88B-B7AD-472F-A88A-AFFDAB296277.jpeg