• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey Guys... I'm new to the forum : )

Will25

3 Year Member
Hey everyone...i've been in the T hobby for about 13 months and I love it! Still learning about T everyday....whould like to get advice ,etc from experienced keepers! Thanks!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. You'll certainly get lots of friendly advice here

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks and Sure! I have a Gaint white knee (my very first T) , Red knee , Chako golden knee ,Chilean Rose , Tiger Rump , mexican red rump and a curly hair! And you?
Great species you have there. Brachys make great display species, being both colorful and out in the open a lot. I always find that many of the most beautiful species tend to hide the most (H.maculata, P.irminia, E.murinus, E.cyanognathus, etc.) If you ever have any questions I'm glad to help.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Thanks and Sure! I have a Gaint white knee (my very first T) , Red knee , Chako golden knee ,Chilean Rose , Tiger Rump , mexican red rump and a curly hair! And you?
Very nice mix of NW terrestrial species you've acquired so far. My favorite is the B. albopilosum, not as colorful as other Brachys, but make up for it in their characteristics. IMO.
You're the first to ever ask what I keep. So I'll post what I currently (today) have., its a bit long and I use binomial names. A. insubtilis, A. seemanni, B. albopilosum, emilia, sabulosum, smithi, vagans, C. darlingi, marschalli, meridionalis, sanderi, C. huahini, fimbriatus, guangxiensis, C. cyaneopubescens, C. sp. Sulawesi black, schioedtei, G. porteri, pulchripes, rosea, H. albostriatum, hainanum, lividum, minax, vonwirthi, H. maculata, O. aureotibialis, P. scrofa, P. muticus, P. striata, tigrinawesseli, P. cambridgei, irminia, pulcher, reduncus, S. calceatum. Total count at 154, with 3 females currently with egg sacs. This past July marked my 24th consecutive year in the hobby. Probably qualifies me as an "old timer" in the hobby. Lol! [emoji3]
Stick around the is one of the friendliest forums about invertebrates on the web. [emoji6]

Will25

3 Year Member
Great species you have there. Brachys make great display species, being both colorful and out in the open a lot. I always find that many of the most beautiful species tend to hide the most (H.maculata, P.irminia, E.murinus, E.cyanognathus, etc.) If you ever have any questions I'm glad to help.
Thanks a lot Chubbs I really appreciate it a lot! I agree! I had a H.lividum and never ever saw him! But my 2 Brachys are always in the open just chilling!☺ you will probably hear from me really soon then!

Will25

3 Year Member
Very nice mix of NW terrestrial species you've acquired so far. My favorite is the B. albopilosum, not as colorful as other Brachys, but make up for it in their characteristics. IMO.
You're the first to ever ask what I keep. So I'll post what I currently (today) have., its a bit long and I use binomial names. A. insubtilis, A. seemanni, B. albopilosum, emilia, sabulosum, smithi, vagans, C. darlingi, marschalli, meridionalis, sanderi, C. huahini, fimbriatus, guangxiensis, C. cyaneopubescens, C. sp. Sulawesi black, schioedtei, G. porteri, pulchripes, rosea, H. albostriatum, hainanum, lividum, minax, vonwirthi, H. maculata, O. aureotibialis, P. scrofa, P. muticus, P. striata, tigrinawesseli, P. cambridgei, irminia, pulcher, reduncus, S. calceatum. Total count at 154, with 3 females currently with egg sacs. This past July marked my 24th consecutive year in the hobby. Probably qualifies me as an "old timer" in the hobby. Lol! [emoji3]
Stick around the is one of the friendliest forums about invertebrates on the web. [emoji6]
Thank you Therasoid that is very nice of you and I appreciate it very much! Wow it sounds like you have an amazing collection! What I would give to see all your T's in person!!! I have to agree with you...the B.albopilosum is my favourite T. They are so gentle and beautifull! But thanks again for your msg...I will gladly take any advice you give! Have a great Day!

Latest posts