• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help please.

LtSnep

Hi guys, I have a Dubia Colony for my Tarantulas and I found a couple of these catapillar looking things in the colony, I'm not sure what they are exactly or if they're harmful to my colony. Any advice would be welcome, I'm fairly new to the hobby, only 5months I've been at it. If anyone else has experienced this your input would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230802_095648.jpg
    20230802_095648.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20230802_095646.jpg
    20230802_095646.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It looks to be the lavae of the dermestid (skin) beetle. You often find them in tubs of crickets, they are a clean up crew & eat the cricket/ roach poo. So don't get rid of them, they are a help, not a problem.

LtSnep

It looks to be the lavae of the dermestid (skin) beetle. You often find them in tubs of crickets, they are a clean up crew & eat the cricket/ roach poo. So don't get rid of them, they are a help, not a problem.
Thankyou! I was worried they might be something that wriggled out the fruit i was feeding them lol. This is so reassuring. Thanks so much and have a great day!