• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! (overheated)

thholyghst

So I keep my T’s in a medium size walk in closet with a fan for airflow and they’ve been doing well so far. I noticed it’s been kinda cold in there so I bought a small portable heater to put in there to keep temps consistent, put it on the lowest setting last night and it’s faced away from the shelf I keep my T’s on. Woke up this morning to check on them and it was WAY too hot in there.
My T. Albos’ deep in its cork hide so I didn’t see it this morning. My B. Hamorii was scrunched up but after a little booty brush is moving just fine, tried to crawl out after I watered. My G. Pulchripes seems alright as well, looks like she retreated to her hide and covered with substrate. My main concern is my T. Vagens sling and my Avic Avic.

My sling is still in a dram vial and typically scurries around its tunnel when I try to get eyes on it. It didn’t move at all.
My Avic is ALWAYS up high on her enclosure near her web. I found her ground level on some moss totally scrunched up, hard to tell because she’s still somewhat small but potentially curling. She’s usually indifferent to me touching her any given day, there was a little shifting on her end but she didn’t move much at all or open up. I panicked and watered a little with a pipette into her mouth parts and I’m hoping she’s just a bit dehydrated and will perk up once she drinks more water but I’m super nervous and I feel absolutely awful.

Once I get home from work I’ll take a look at her again to see if there’s been any additional movement but if not should I remove her from her enclosure and try to rehydrate her again or leave her be and keep an eye on her? I misted my slings enclosure but unsure if I should do anything else if it’s still in the same position when I get home. I don’t want to cause any of them additional stress but if there’s anything I can or need to do for them I’ll do it this evening.