• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help A.Versicolor Molt

Samantha Lewis

3 Year Member
Ok so im pretty new to the tarantula hobby . I have a 4 inch Chilean rose & an A.versicolor sling that I bought at about 3/4 of an inch. A month ago . Last night I experienced my first molt as a T pet owner. My Versicolor is a little bigger than an inch now and I'm super thrilled. Problem is I successfully retrieved the molt and began to examine it and realized the abdomen is missing from molt . Just legs and carapace. Is it still on the sling ? Should I be worried? Humidity has been in upper 80 percentage.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
its probably not missing, on the little guys it curls up tight and its hard to spot, some of them also chew up or shred their molts,
if the spider looks ok and is moving around or stretched out hardening from molting I wouldn't worry about it hun.
Picture of the sling would help?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The abdomen is that little thread looking thing that holds the top of the carapace to the legs. Like @Kymura said it rolls up really tight. Here's a pic as example -
2016-08-24_133659.png

Samantha Lewis

3 Year Member
its probably not missing, on the little guys it curls up tight and its hard to spot, some of them also chew up or shred their molts,
if the spider looks ok and is moving around or stretched out hardening from molting I wouldn't worry about it hun.
Picture of the sling would help?
image.jpeg

Latest posts