• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!

303jumpers

I’m new to this forum and spiders in general. Not sure I’m going to ever be ready for a T, but I’m starting out with jumpers. I realize this is mostly about Ts, but I think there’s a lot of good info I can incorporate into my set up and care from here. Looking forward to learning some good stuff from you all.

GarField000

3 Year Member
Welkom.
I never had a jumping spider but love my T's.
If you ever will feel ready will be up 2 you. Also if you come in contact with people having tarantula's.
My girlfriend was very afraid off spiders but after 10 years looking and helping me she now had 6 herself in her own place. The first time ever I gave a cricket to my B.auratum I was very suprised witht their speed. Now I have more and much faster t's I am used to it and now how fast they can be.
The best way to learn is by experience .... if you want it, try to learn as much as you can and just get one.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello & welcome to the world of Arachnids (Invertebrates) & the forum. I have never had a jumper myself, but my wife has had a few. And they are lovely little characters.

Have a look at Preying Mantis, they too make good & often simple to keep invertebrates.

One of the big advantages with Tarantulas over jumpers & mantids, is they live a lot longer.

303jumpers

Welkom.
I never had a jumping spider but love my T's.
If you ever will feel ready will be up 2 you. Also if you come in contact with people having tarantula's.
My girlfriend was very afraid off spiders but after 10 years looking and helping me she now had 6 herself in her own place. The first time ever I gave a cricket to my B.auratum I was very suprised witht their speed. Now I have more and much faster t's I am used to it and now how fast they can be.
The best way to learn is by experience .... if you want it, try to learn as much as you can and just get one.
Wow! Faster? I’m good! lol too much spider for me. These little jumpers are perfect to help me become comfortable with spiders. Your comment about experience is spot on! That’s exactly what I did and I caught two wild jumpers and bought some enclosures. I didn’t have the heart to put them outside since it’s freezing out now. So here we are!

303jumpers

Hello & welcome to the world of Arachnids (Invertebrates) & the forum. I have never had a jumper myself, but my wife has had a few. And they are lovely little characters.

Have a look at Preying Mantis, they too make good & often simple to keep invertebrates.

One of the big advantages with Tarantulas over jumpers & mantids, is they live a lot longer.
I know :( they don’t live long at all! They are cool tho and I’ll enjoy them while I can. I have 3 and two have molted and one is in the process of molting so I think I’m doing something right! :)

Latest posts