• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Minnesota

Rockpython

3 Year Member
Good day all!

I have been in the hobby for 20 years with a few breaks in between... I currently have around 60 T's from around the globe, but I mostly have NW species...

OW
P. rufilata
P. murinus
H. maculata

NW
A. geniculata
A. metallica
A. chalcodes
B. Albopilosum
B. emilia
B. vagans
E. utaman
H. sp. "Colombia"
P. cambridgei
P. irminia
T. ockerti
T. stirmi
T. violaceus
L. difficilis
L. parahybana

I think I got them all... my mission is to buy slings and raise them to provide a local source for reasonably priced T's for all, and to dispell myth and fear of some of my favorite animals.

I hope to be an asset to this community.

Safe keeping!
RockyP

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. It's always good to have another more experienced keeper here.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi there and a big welcome ;)
Only have a very few T's. I'm an absolute noob but learning ^*^

Oh! Just saw you have T ockerti! Finding someone with some good information on them has been a chore, everything is conflicting :confused:

Rockpython

3 Year Member
Hi there and a big welcome ;)
Only have a very few T's. I'm an absolute noob but learning ^*^

Oh! Just saw you have T ockerti! Finding someone with some good information on them has been a chore, everything is conflicting :confused:

I keep my T. ockerti just like an albopilosum and so far it's been fine. :) I don't rely too much on "care sheet" info... watch carefully and they will let you know what they need/want

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I keep my T. ockerti just like an albopilosum and so far it's been fine. :) I don't rely too much on "care sheet" info... watch carefully and they will let you know what they need/want
Gave my baby the option. Plenty of sub to burrow with a little shell hide, and a piece of bark. It never comes down. Much prefers the bark. Even takes its water off the enclosure rather then hit the bottom. It's not soggy so I know it's not that lol

Latest posts