• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

having a problem with dubias

Logan D

3 Year Member
so i just got my dubia and none of my ts will even touch them most of the dubia just borrowed in to the sub any ideas

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had the same problem when I started using them. I now crush their heads before putting them in. It's gross, but this prevents them from burrowing and they will just wander blindly around the enclosure until the T snaps them up.

hellknite

3 Year Member
I use my tweezers to hand it towards the face of my T's.. that's for the less aggressive types.. but for the aggressive ones I just drop it near the T or on the web so it can't burrow immediately.. or I place it on the bark, driftwood, and other decors where the dubia will crawl and crawl for a while enough to get the T's attention until it gets tagged.

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
I used to raise them. IMO they're kind of a pain to deal with. When I was dealing with something that would eat them fairly quickly, I'd just put them on their backs. They have a hard time turning upright again and struggle enough that your T would definitely know where it was.

Latest posts