• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Haplopelma doriae AF I got today

Chris

3 Year Member
Got her from http://www.thespiderkingdom.com bloke is a friend of mine she's awesome
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431693044.491866.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431693059.307272.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431693071.590364.jpg

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Thanks mate she is huge made me jump a bit when she threat posed me lol
Just wait til she charges at you, thinking you are food. Lol!
Haps can be surprisingly fast, especially when hungry or startled when above ground. [emoji3] I've got H. hainanum, lividum and vonworthi in my collection.
Btw, is it the lighting or is the color a deep chocolate brown?

Chris

3 Year Member
It's the flash that makes her look brown she black in natural light mate yeah I have AF lividum albostriatum longipes and sub adult hainanum and schmidti gold all of them are quite defensive when startled the albostriatum is the worst by far lol

Therasoid

3 Year Member
No H. minax yet?
I've heard that they are the most defensive of the Haps. Saw a pic of one, has a chevron pattern on the abdomen, could have been a juvie, didn't say in the article.

Chris

3 Year Member
I like H minax want hobby form and the true minax just haven't got round to it yet my mate got one the other day and his is quite defensive once they've burrowed I don't seem to have to much trouble with my Haplopelma sp [emoji4]I have a list of T's i want but the list keeps growing and growing can never decide what to get next lol

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I know what you mean about the "want" list. Lol!
Mine is mainly burrowing species, looking to get some Aussie types. Phlogius sp. "Eunice" is at the top right now. Would enjoy hearing their "whistling/barking" from stridulating when disturbed. ^_^

Chris

3 Year Member
Yeah they are really cool quite hard to get hold of though I love pet holes have quite a few like my Ceratogyrus chilobrachys Haplopelma Ephebopus Ornithoctonus are some of my favourites but do like my pokies Lampropelma are cool as well tend to lean toward old worlds mainly but do like Acanthoscurria Avicularia Psalmopeous sp as well. My mrs keeps so we end with varied collection she loves her dwarf sp so we have a lot of them as well [emoji4]