• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings, first post! Pictures of my spiders.

Deemar

3 Year Member
Here is my wonderful journey as a tarantula owner:

1. I bought a Brazilian Black And White from a friend for $10, it was just a couple of weeks old. I had it for a couple of months and it was doing well but it buried itself in its hole and I never seen it for months. I got really worried about it so I dug it out to make sure it was still alive, every time it was fine. I would also place its food in its tank for only an hour or two before removing it again, I wasn't giving sufficient time for it to feed. After a couple of months it died, I'm not sure from what. Probably lack of food since I didn't quite know how to feed.

2. After that I bought a half grown Pink Toe for $30 in 2009. I had a scary period where it didn't feed for 11.5 months but out of nowhere one day it started eating again. I've had it for 6 years now and still have it.

3. Then I met a guy at my local feeder shop that said he had some Red Rump babies for sale, $10 each. I bought 3 of them in 2010. I quickly realized a couple of months later that they were actually Rose Hairs and the seller was nowhere to be found. Every Christmas I go away for a month and my spiders always do well except one year I lost one of my Rose Hairs during this period. When I returned I had only 2 left.

4. I then found a Kijiji advertisement for a small Green Bottle Blue, full grown female Curly Hair, small Fire Leg and baby Rose Hair for $60, all with cages so I bought it.

5. Then I met a guy at a local exotics show and asked him if he had my most desired spider, a P. Metallica. He actually had 4 juveniles sitting in a jar on the table so I made a deal with him. I traded my full grown female Curly Hair, my mature male Fire Leg, my tiny Rose Hair and $40 for one of his juvenile P. Metallicas. So now I've had the P. Metallica for about 3 years!

This is my P. Metallica when I first got it.

1.jpg

This is after it grew a little bit.

7.jpg

And now here it is in its new home......hiding. It's as big as my hand now.

11.jpg

Here are the ones I traded away for the P. Metallica:

Curly Hair:

4.jpg

8.jpg

Rose Hair:

3.jpg

Fire Leg (he was very stressed out and mature):

5.jpg

And my other current tarantulas (besides the P. Metallica I already showed):

Rose Hair (under the stairs):

9.jpg

My Pink Toe being very lazy after a fresh moult. I'm not even sure how it moulted in the tree.....:

13.jpg

10.jpg

Green Bottle Blue. This is the strangest spider I own, when I mist the tank it will come out and move around the tank so it is standing right in the mist. I spray it directly with water and it likes it:

2.jpg

All 4 together:

12.jpg

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
B.emilia is actually known as the Mexican Painted-Leg. B.boehmei is the Mexican Fire-Leg.