• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings and Salutations!!!

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Its great to join the forum and have the chance to chat with so many other Tarantula lovers!! I hope I can learn a lot while I am on here, make fellow enthusiast friends ~All of my friends in person have arachnophobia :( ~ I have rescued and raised quite a few exotic animals, I love all animals, insects and arachnids. I was raised in Alaska, lived in 7 states, been overseas...hmmm...and I now have my first Tarantula (Even though I have wanted one for a decade.) She is a large and in charge beautiful Rose Hair.

Attachments

• downsized_0731032127.jpg
    downsized_0731032127.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 9

khatchet

3 Year Member
Hello it is nice to meet you. How long have you had you G rosea aka rose hair. I had one but he passed of old age less then a month ago.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Ok, I updated my personal profile. Lol. I felt like an outsider being secretive and I don't want to be that way, this almost feels like a family here :D Anyone and everyone, feel free to contact me about anything :) I don't bite...only my G. Rosea does :p

khatchet

3 Year Member
Yes he wouldnt want me to be sad or maybe he would he hated it when I caneged the water dish.

khatchet

3 Year Member
I wouldnt suggest live plant in there. Cuz other then the water dish every thing should be dry, They like there soil to be very dry. If even a bit of mines was wet like if i spilled a bit of water in the soil. He would go set on his hide and wouldnt come down tell it was dry.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
not what i read for the past decade...i removed the plants anyways cause the crickets ate them. it is dry in there, i dont soak the tank. trust me, i did my research before getting one. always do. :) I do thank you for the concern though!!!

Last edited:

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
I wouldnt suggest live plant in there. Cuz other then the water dish every thing should be dry, They like there soil to be very dry. If even a bit of mines was wet like if i spilled a bit of water in the soil. He would go set on his hide and wouldnt come down tell it was dry.

Ironically...mine...lol, ok, I do a LITTLE bit of spritzing in one area of the tank...just one...and like, she runs out and attacks the water! I gotta record it sometime! But never cares when I change or fill her water dish...the other day, she dipped herself into it, then drank from the sponge...I didn't expect that but it was pretty cool! Shes a very hmmm...forgive the wording but...cocky...Tarantula...She rarely hangs out in her hidey place.

The more and more I observe her and see her personality coming out, the weirder she seems, lol, like...in comparison to how everyone else says their Rosie behaves, mine seems like a complete rebel. But she's def comfortable...and a voracious eater. So...no matter how quirky she seems, it just adds to my love of her.

Last edited:

khatchet

3 Year Member
Im glad to here that and one spot of water is fine. I was imganing like one those huge live verrurum that would need alot of water but as long as she has dry to get to it should be fine.

Latest posts