• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Green bottle blue

izzp99

Are green bottle blue tarantulas knows to be frequent hair kickers... my sling has kicked its hairs after I decided to check if its eaten its meal all I did was shine a phone light in its direction

metalmickey

Are green bottle blue tarantulas knows to be frequent hair kickers... my sling has kicked its hairs after I decided to check if its eaten its meal all I did was shine a phone light in its direction
I'm new to tarantula keeping and have recently purchased a juvenile GBB, from what I've read they can be very nervous and prone to kick hairs, though mine appears to be broken as she is so placid and gently, even with her food.

Lentulus

3 Year Member
My lady is very feisty. She’s very prone to kick hairs and bolt at any sign the cage is being opened. Even as a sling, she was the first T that threatened me with violence.;)
Ironically, 2/3 of my obt’s are incredibly docile and simply freeze when disturbed. Go figure.

izzp99

I'm new to tarantula keeping and have recently purchased a juvenile GBB, from what I've read they can be very nervous and prone to kick hairs, though mine appears to be broken as she is so placid and gently, even with her food.
Lucky you :) mine seems to be a little nervous sling

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
I've had 2 (unfortunately my male matured-out and died) and the tend to kick hairs. My male wasn't too bad, he was actually pretty chill, but would often get a little hair-kicky during premolt, and my current female is a hair-kicking manaic.