• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got my first threat pose…acanthoscurria geniculata

ryanm7277

Placed what I think is my last order for a while, I am a very new keeper and I wanted several, discovered several and wanted them too. I call Al my new pets the first wave. As there are more that I want ofcourse, but you can’t always get what you want. So while I was housing the new little slings, the Little 3” acanthoscurria geniculata was on the nappkin he was wrapped in and I tried to gently nudge him of. Well he didn’t like that and he threw up his cute little arms. It wasn’t to give me hug.

IT WAS “B See what happens if you touch me with that paint brush again”. So like a dutifully tarantula kept human, I placed the lid of the enclosure and left him and his napkin alone. He settled into his new enclose nicely. He is currently off the napkin and I removed it.

I had been eyeing these guys but know that they aren’t disciple and can be defensive. While from what I read keeping them is easy enough I just been steering towards the more docile/non defensive new worlds. I can’t say for sure as I have had any threat poses yet, but by far this little one is what I will consider the spiciest in my collection.