• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got a good pairing of D. sp panama

Webbed_obsessed

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congratulations.
What size and age is your female?
She looks tiny compared to him.
Regards Konstantin
The female is closing in on 2 yrs of age. Body wise they are actually about the same size. Leg wise though he has her beat. the male is a Slenderman version of the female essentially

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
I am asking as I have a pair that is been with me for 1 year and 8 months and about 2.5 -2.75 inch in DLS,the female is one moult ahead of the male and male has not yet matured.
I didn't think I will have a chance to breed them as thought she won't be ready by the time he mature and was trying to find him a lady as they are ultra rare here in UK but may hold off on that and try pairing them before I let him go.
Please do post updates how you get on.
Do they have any specific environmental conditioning requirements to stimulate dropping a sack?
Regards Konstantin

Webbed_obsessed

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is my first time breeding this species. I will get you a measurement of her length later this afternoon. I probably keep this species a bit more on the damp side then any other species I keep.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I am talking about stimulating sack dropping rather than general care.For example if I need to let them dry a little and then flood or if they need to be cooled off for a while and then get temps up.
Hope you get what I mean.
I know very little in regards of breeding those as they are rare and info is very hard to find.
Regards Konstantin

Webbed_obsessed

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I do not know what triggers would be good for this species. I plan on just keeping the bred females like I keep them the rest of the year. My temps in the spider room this time of year are between 77 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and down to 73 at night. I live in the southern United States and these temps are easily managed. Species in the past I have had luck with by altering temps or humidity levels were some Aphonopelma. Another species I can recall that seemed to drop quicker due to an increase in humidity was D. diamantinensis. I will have to let you know if I change anything with this species. I am guessing that the temps and humidity level I have them at will be what I keep them at.

Kaytufore

I just got one of these about 1.5in-2in dls. Not gonna get my hopes up for a female yet but I am curious of this breeding was successful and if so how many eggs were laid.

Latest posts