• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

getting two new slings

Logan D

3 Year Member
im getting two new slings a mexican golden red rump and a versicolor i have never had a sling before so i was hoping tht someone could tell me how to care for a sling

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Keep the albiceps on deeper slightly moist substrate. Few ventilation holes in the lid and a few more around the side of the container. For the versi a taller container. LOTS of ventilation holes, especially around the sides. Good ventilation is key with avics. Then about 1" inch of DRY substrate. Moisten a small section of it once a week, letting it dry in-between. Unless its over and 1" then give it a water bottle cap and leave the sub dry. Give it some fake plant/decor to anchor its webbing onto. Once it establishes a web, drip water onto it for it to drink 1x a week. Dropping food in its webbing will also help it find its prey faster.