• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. rosea Pics

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
Some pics of my new G. rosea!
FYI, the holes on her hide are filled with tightly-packed substrate, so her feet can't go down into them (I will probably get a hide with less edges for her before she molts)

1453241_10152781173253035_6806280038481511044_n.jpg
10509679_10152781173208035_5177724947387037965_n.jpg

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
Thanks, I figured a rosea would be a good starter T (plus she just eats my frogs' leftover crickets).

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
She looks great. Be sure to let the substrate dry out, roseas hate moist sub. T's are VERY addicting 1 turns into a dozen real quick ;)

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
I wrung it out and let it air out a couple days after expanding it. I'll replace it with something drier if she doesn't start coming down from her hide more soon though.
When (if ever) should I expect to see her putting a web down? I've seen her making silk, but no actual web to be found.

lol, yeah I can tell they're addicting already.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Don't worry about replacing it it'll dry. Rosies seem to prefer sitting on their hides rather than in them anyways. I was watching a little 1.5" specimen for a member of another forum over the summer and the little thing spent the majority of its time chillin on its cork bark and that was even with bone dry sub.

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
Huh, I guess she's being normal then. Turns out she actually has been laying down web too (on top of the hide of course); noticed coco-fiber sticking to weird places

Latest posts