• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. rosea, Is it a male or female?

Eliel G.

3 Year Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Please help, Thank you!

Therasoid

3 Year Member
No way to tell without a close up picture of its underside. Sometimes this can be difficult, as most are out of focus. Best done with a fresh exuvium to be sure of the sex.
Sorry couldn't be more helpful. [emoji17]

Eliel G.

3 Year Member
No way to tell without a close up picture of its underside. Sometimes this can be difficult, as most are out of focus. Best done with a fresh exuvium to be sure of the sex.
Thank you so much!

Eliel G.

3 Year Member
I'll send you a picture if it molts

tarantulaguy1994

3 Year Member
What size is it if it is about 5 inches it is more then likely mature. In that case you can look at the under side of the front to leg. If it has hocks on them it is a male. If it does not it is a female, this only works if it is mature.

Eliel G.

3 Year Member
What size is it if it is about 5 inches it is more then likely mature. In that case you can look at the under side of the front to leg. If it has hocks on them it is a male. If it does not it is a female, this only works if it is mature.
Thank you, but it's not matured yet.

tarantulaguy1994

3 Year Member
If you have the molt there is a guy on youtube with the name jon3800 that has a very helpful video on how to sex you tarantula, if you look up how to sex a tarantula on youtube it should come up. Then you could tell what kind it is on your own. I hope this information helps.

Eliel G.

3 Year Member
If you have the molt there is a guy on youtube with the name jon3800 that has a very helpful video on how to sex you tarantula, if you look up how to sex a tarantula on youtube it should come up. Then you could tell what kind it is on your own. I hope this information helps.
I appreciate that so much, I will check that out.

Latest posts