• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Pulchripes common traits?

thholyghst

Caught my Chaco upside down trying to chew on her enclosure the other night lmao at first I thought she’d gotten stuck somehow but realized she’s just being a sneak

I’ve read that some T’s have a tendency to be escape artists, so far she’s the only one that’s shown any behavior of wanting out of her enclosure though. There is a hinge lock on there but I’ve been a little paranoid about her getting out. I keep my T’s in a separate room with the door always shut just in case.

I’m curious though, what are some common things you’ve noticed about your golden knees? So far I’ve learned she apparently has wanderlust, she hates her water bowl because she covers it with substrate or digs it out, so I’m constantly having to let her sub dry out before adding it back in lmao and she’s not a fan of her plant decor because she’s dug almost all of them up and tossed them to the side (so rude). She also very casually walks towards me anytime I go to open her enclosure up and we often have a stare down before she turns back around to chill in her hide. She hasn’t been spicy at all, in fact she seems curious more than anything.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Yup that’s what I love about my G. pulchripes. Bulldozer. Redecorator. Quirky.

She used to come to a small water dish when I was filling it and tap at the falling water like she was trying to stop it. Then she started sitting right in the dish when I tried to fill it.

I added a longer but shallower dish without water and let it be overnight to see what she would do. She filled it partially with substrate and now sits in it from time to time. I still use the other dish for water.

Enjoy!

thholyghst

She used to come to a small water dish when I was filling it and tap at the falling water like she was trying to stop it. Then she started sitting right in the dish when I tried to fill it.

I added a longer but shallower dish without water and let it be overnight to see what she would do. She filled it partially with substrate and now sits in it from time to time. I still use the other dish for water.

Enjoy!
Lmao definitely quirky! I only have 6 T’s atm and while I haven’t had them terribly long it’s incredible to see how they each have their own sort

Enjoy!
lmao definitely quirky! Currently I only have 5 T’s and while I haven’t had them terribly long it’s incredibly fascinating to see how different they all are behaviorally. So far she’s my most social, the best eater and is absolutely plotting lol

Latest posts