• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. pulchra juvenile

Egon

3 Year Member
Is it possible to sex this juvenile G. pulchra?

It’s about 2 inches long. I’m new to tarantulas so this is the best picture I could get when she reared up on her hind legs.

I don’t know how old she is; the person I got it from didn’t know.

Thank you.

Attachments

• DDC6CD65-4A02-4493-9018-7F6872B1B15E.jpeg
    DDC6CD65-4A02-4493-9018-7F6872B1B15E.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 16

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good afternoon Egon,
I am afraid unfortunately that the picture is not clear enough to be able to make an educated guess, I am sorry.
Now I am dying to ask, your profile indicates you joined this forum more than 7 years ago but you also mentioned being new to tarantulas, is there something wrong with your account?
1642189017677.png

Egon

3 Year Member
Good afternoon Egon,
I am afraid unfortunately that the picture is not clear enough to be able to make an educated guess, I am sorry.
Now I am dying to ask, your profile indicates you joined this forum more than 7 years ago but you also mentioned being new to tarantulas, is there something wrong with your account?
View attachment 63204

Darn; thanks for the prompt reply.

No, that's correct. I joined 7 years ago but got my first tarantulas last November. I just like to think things through VERY THOROUGHLY. Lol.

I spent a lot of the intervening years observing spiders in the wild and finally decided to get a few tarantulas.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No worries,
If possible, try to pull her next molt, soften it with a little water and a drop of dish soap and take a picture of the inside of her abdomen skin between the first set of booklungs. This would be the best way to get a solid idea of its sex at that size.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks, I'll try that when she molts.
Seems it's already female lol

Here's a good resource when the time comes

Egon

3 Year Member
Seems it's already female lol

Here's a good resource when the time comes
Thank you!

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The photo is fine. Should be good enough for sexing. The problem is that even the best ventral sex determiners are going to struggle at this stage. Try us again if it remains unsexed after 2 molts.

Latest posts