• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fleas and t's

crotalus

3 Year Member
So not sure where to ask this so general seemed like a safe bet. Dog has fleas. Need to get them out of the carpet and such, but don't want to endanger the t. The dog isn't allowed in the bedroom where the t is kept, but I can't imagine a solution that works that doesn't endanger the t. Any suggestions? Can't possibly be the first time that this came up. I appreciate the help

hellknite

3 Year Member
Get your T out of the area. After everything has settled say 48 hours with ventilation then you can bring the T back..

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
Not sure if Diatomaceous earth works on fleas (I think it would) but it's not toxic; the bits get in between the insects' joints and kill them. If you could get your T out of the area for a couple days, you'd have time to let it kill the fleas then vacuum it up without worrying about toxins.

hellknite

3 Year Member
It is safer if you get the T out of the apartment..
I think it would be fine blocking the door, but there is still a risk. I've done this before. I kept the T room with higher air flow, circulation, or could I say greater air pressure than the main hall so opening the T room door air flow is outward not inward the room with my T's. If you could do that it's fine so as not to move your T's. But as I've said there is a risk. This is just my opinion based on my experience. It worked for me a couple of times.

Latest posts