• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Frequency Post Molt

Hagraven

I've fed my Chilobrachys Huahini a few times now after her molt and she's leapt at each opportunity (also, this is a new enclosure for her).

When I brought her home initially she looked dehydrated and/or underfed (her abdomen was small and slightly wrinkly). She now looks much healthier.

My question is, how often do you guys feed your adult spiders after they molt, before getting them on a regular schedule?

I definitely don't want to overfeed, but I feel like I could continue feeding her regularly (even daily) for a while longer and she'd still be healthy and not overweight, given that she had come into my life at the other extreme. I appreciate your time and input!

Attachments

• 20220904_175332_001.mp4
    17.9 MB

meridannight

I usually keep a 10-14 day break in feeding post-molt. And then continue as before. I don't have a specific post-molt feeding schedule for my tarantulas.

Personally, I would not feed any tarantula daily, not even the underfed ones. But I haven't ever had underfed spiders either. Also, no experience with C. huahini in particular.

Hagraven

I usually keep a 10-14 day break in feeding post-molt. And then continue as before. I don't have a specific post-molt feeding schedule for my tarantulas.

Personally, I would not feed any tarantula daily, not even the underfed ones. But I haven't ever had underfed spiders either. Also, no experience with C. huahini in particular.
Really appreciate it. I waited 10 days, which happened to be about the same time she starting webbing again (and tossed out her molt!) I have her now starting on a regular schedule. She is a good eater!