• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ever try ordering a spider and then see this….

ryanm7277

A69A946A-E091-4380-B983-0E5EA9C40B9E.jpeg

What’s the difference between these species? I mean I’m sure you guys with more experience are gonna be all like, they are very different. Which one would you buy? Are their temperament different/similar? I mean I am toying with the idea of buying Thrixopelma loncolli as Tom Moran has a vid and it’s behavior could be said to be similar to h Chilensis. But who knows. I mean they look so similar.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 67926
What’s the difference between these species? I mean I’m sure you guys with more experience are gonna be all like, they are very different. Which one would you buy? Are their temperament different/similar? I mean I am toying with the idea of buying Thrixopelma loncolli as Tom Moran has a vid and it’s behavior could be said to be similar to h Chilensis. But who knows. I mean they look so similar.
I’ve never raised either species nor was I aware Homoeomma sp. blue got a revision. I have heard they are nothing like H. chilensis temperament wise. They are apparently quite skittish, even defensive at times. If you want something similar that supposedly is not quite as skittish, I’ve heard good things about Thrixopelma lagunas,

As far as the difference between the two, I am going to attempt to summon @sdsnybny

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I’ve never raised either species nor was I aware Homoeomma sp. blue got a revision. I have heard they are nothing like H. chilensis temperament wise. They are apparently quite skittish, even defensive at times. If you want something similar that supposedly is not quite as skittish, I’ve heard good things about Thrixopelma lagunas,

As far as the difference between the two, I am going to attempt to summon @sdsnybny
If some one could combine my two posts that would be great.

Forgot to add that the T. cyaneolum supposedly has a temperament that rivals H. chilensis. I know of some keepers who say it would be the best beginner species if they weren’t so rare.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How do Thrixopelma pruriens compare to cyaneolum and H. chilensis?

New2T’s

3 Year Member
It’s all different species. There used to be a Homeomma sp Blue, a Homeomma sp Blue Peru, and a Homeomma sp Blue Peru 2. They were reclassified a few years ago. The ex Homeomma sp Blue Peru is a dwarf whereas the ex Blue Peru 2 is normal sized. Everything is fine on FNT’s site so go ahead and order.