• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure size

laurdd37

3 Year Member
I have an adult female Mexican red knee in a 10 gallon tank, 20Lx10Wx12H. I want to give her more floorspace but less height and finding something with the dimensions I'm wanting has been pretty impossible. So I think I've found someone who can make me a custom enclosure for her. I'm thinking 24Lx15Wx8H.
Does this sound like a good size?
And I'm having a hard time finding good examples on this site for adults, just a lot of pictures of new enclosures for slings. I would love to see more pictures of what I can do for my girl.

GarField000

3 Year Member
You mean inch? 61cm x 38cm and 20cm high?
I think the old enclsoure is big enough. Just put some extra substrate in it. 8 high is very low to get some descent substrat in it.

I don't go that big for brachypelma, grammostola ... I would need another bedroom to convert to spider room :D.
I have 35x35cm (thats 14x14) for my bigger spiders. I also have many exo terra/zoo med that are 12x12x12 for the smaller species. I do have a few larger enclosures, but those are for the real large animals like Theraphosa, Phormictopus, Lasiodora and a A.geniculata. Those are 20x14" (50x35cm).

laurdd37

3 Year Member
You mean inch? 61cm x 38cm and 20cm high?
I think the old enclsoure is big enough. Just put some extra substrate in it. 8 high is very low to get some descent substrat in it.

I don't go that big for brachypelma, grammostola ... I would need another bedroom to convert to spider room :D.
I have 35x35cm (thats 14x14) for my bigger spiders. I also have many exo terra/zoo med that are 12x12x12 for the smaller species. I do have a few larger enclosures, but those are for the real large animals like Theraphosa, Phormictopus, Lasiodora and a A.geniculata. Those are 20x14" (50x35cm).
Sorry, yes I mean inches.
I feel like from the top it looks cramped and I want to give her more options for hides. And I have it over half full of substrate because she used to try to climb all the time and I didn't want her to hurt herself.

Latest posts