• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure recommendations?

Adam Boudreau

3 Year Member
So this christmas I want to spoil my little brachy albo. Any cool enclosures or just recommendations would be great!! Price really isn't much of an issue but overall probably no more than $180. And if you have any cool accessories ideas please do reply!! Thanks:)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Your baby is going to be happy in nearly any appropriately sized and set up enclosure so it comes down to what's aesthetically pleasing to you, :)
Check some pictures of their natural habitat area and perhaps base it on that?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I really like the adult enclosures at jamiestarantulas.com. nice bent corners and what not. very good looking enclosures.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
So this christmas I want to spoil my little brachy albo. Any cool enclosures or just recommendations would be great!! Price really isn't much of an issue but overall probably no more than $180. And if you have any cool accessories ideas please do reply!! Thanks:)
I like showing off my Ts like anyone else, BUT $180 is way too much to spend on an enclosure.
How big is ur Albop?
It's a dry species which needs no hi humidity so get a 10 gallon glass tank. Make a plexiglass lid and vent it all over. Then spend some time and money on amazing decorations, cork bark, nice hide and plastic natural looking plant life. It'll b crystal clear to view from all over, plenty of size, and u can create an oasis in there for the T. Even after the $10-$20 for the 10 gal tank, u have plenty to spend on the other stuff I listed and have tons of $ left over.
Just a thought. I even show off my pride n joy pokies with 10 gal enclosures I stand vertically, build a door with hinges, drill vent holes in the glass and decorate. The Ts love them and they're clear to see from all angles.
IMG_5344.JPG

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like showing off my Ts like anyone else, BUT $180 is way too much to spend on an enclosure.
How big is ur Albop?
It's a dry species which needs no hi humidity so get a 10 gallon glass tank. Make a plexiglass lid and vent it all over. Then spend some time and money on amazing decorations, cork bark, nice hide and plastic natural looking plant life. It'll b crystal clear to view from all over, plenty of size, and u can create an oasis in there for the T. Even after the $10-$20 for the 10 gal tank, u have plenty to spend on the other stuff I listed and have tons of $ left over.
Just a thought. I even show off my pride n joy pokies with 10 gal enclosures I stand vertically, build a door with hinges, drill vent holes in the glass and decorate. The Ts love them and they're clear to see from all angles. View attachment 20605
I love the looks of them @SpiderDad61 but there is no side ventilation, that's the only thing I'm not sure about. Also what do u use to glue the plexy glass to the tank? aquarium silicone?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You'll want the enclosure to increase in size with the T. I've seen issues with some of mine where they don't respond well to oversized enclosures. I like you want the best of the best for the little guy, but until it's near adult size it's a waste of money.

My suggestion, start with an amac box 2 to 3 times the dls of the spider, when the spider grows to be over half the width of the enclosure upgrade again. For an albo they only get about 6" DLS so I'd go with a 12x18x10 or so enclosure for his final adult one.

Also albo's do well as small slings, until they're 1.5-2" dls or so, in moist substrate, just moist enough to hold shape for their burrows. They'll work in dry but with mine they seem more active with the moist substrate when they're small. When they get above that 1.5" mark mine didn't burrow as much, but they still rearrange their enclosure and bulldoze and move the plants and stuff. I had one that picked all the decorative aquarium gravel out of the water dish and scattered it about the enclosure. I guess he liked having more color in the substrate. ;)

Accessories are your choice, they don't matter to the T one way or the other. In all of my Brachy enclosures i got tired of replacing the plants every other day so they just have a water dish and a hide. My son has put figurines in some of his but he thinks it's fun to dig them up after their buried and replace them. ;) His G. rosea just molted, he's named Buddha, and has a small Buddha figurine in his enclosure. Last i looked all you could see was his head lol.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I love the looks of them @SpiderDad61 but there is no side ventilation, that's the only thing I'm not sure about. Also what do u use to glue the plexy glass to the tank? aquarium silicone?
Just hi heat glue sticks and glue gun. Also a while back I posted a how to video showing how I drilled vent holes in the 10 gallon tanks. It's easy and the glass bit is only $15

Latest posts