• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure for 1 inch slings... What do you think?

Silly

So I have 2 slings. An OBT and Cobalt... What do you guys think about this idea?

Im planning on using those clear 16oz containers that use for food, but the super clear types... Ill make side holes on them and pack with substrate.

Since these 2 particular slings are mainly burrowers, im planning to use like a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch PVC pipe and insert it into the substrate at a 45 degrees angle, creating a burrow... Ill throw in some moss and use a water bottle cap for a water. Do you think this will work?

Right now i have them in a slightly larger than 16 oz container with just moss in there and they arent really burrowing... Just hiding inside the moss.....

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just a tip, set your OBT up as you would an arboreal. The more substrate you give it the less you'll see it but if you give it a piece of cork bark to web to it will behave like a tree dweller.

Silly

Just a tip, set your OBT up as you would an arboreal. The more substrate you give it the less you'll see it but if you give it a piece of cork bark to web to it will behave like a tree dweller.
Im getting some cork bark then and i guess i can use a 32 oz container for my sling since those are longer...thanks man!