• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dr. Bones...

Eevul

3 Year Member
Went to Tampa's Repticon last weekend. Although I had no intention of getting anything I ended up getting Dr. Bones, the Skeletal Ephebopus murinus. After about 2hrs of sitting like a stone she entered her "office" (a log hide)... and promptly webbed the door shut. She did Kool-Aid man through it for the roach coaxed to knock on her door the next day. After about 3 days i was worried, then one night I noticed she keeps particular hours.. During the week from about 1am til 7am she opens her door for business..sits just out of sight and waits for new patients to arrive. Then about the time the sun rises and lights come one...closed for business! Little sad she wont be prancing around her enclosure like my LP does, but she's still pretty cool and at least I know when visiting hours are...
20160319_185524.jpg

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
Most tarantula visiting hours are at night. That's when they will actively hunt and do stuff. Both are Ts are out patrolling their enclosures at the time yours opens its business.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats on a beautiful new T. It's frustrating that some of the most stunning Ts are the ones that hide away.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
playing doctor maybe @VanessaS ;)

@Eevul , everyone i know that has this species say they hardly ever get to see them. so consider yourself lucky to get to see that beauty so often. :)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Went to Tampa's Repticon last weekend. Although I had no intention of getting anything I ended up getting Dr. Bones, the Skeletal Ephebopus murinus. After about 2hrs of sitting like a stone she entered her "office" (a log hide)... and promptly webbed the door shut. She did Kool-Aid man through it for the roach coaxed to knock on her door the next day. After about 3 days i was worried, then one night I noticed she keeps particular hours.. During the week from about 1am til 7am she opens her door for business..sits just out of sight and waits for new patients to arrive. Then about the time the sun rises and lights come one...closed for business! Little sad she wont be prancing around her enclosure like my LP does, but she's still pretty cool and at least I know when visiting hours are...View attachment 15337
I love the Dr. stuff. So poetic. ;)