• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do tarantulas get stresed out when you move their enclosure once or twice a week?

timc

3 Year Member
By "move their enclosure" do you mean rehousing or just picking up the whole thing and placing it somewhere else? If it's the former, yes it stresses them out and you should try to rehouse as few times as possible. If it's the latter it's not such a big deal I guess.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
u have to move their enclosures sometimes for maintenance. especially the smaller ones. it isnt such a big deal and it needs to be done. theyll get over it. just be gentle ./

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
By "move their enclosure" do you mean rehousing or just picking up the whole thing and placing it somewhere else? If it's the former, yes it stresses them out and you should try to rehouse as few times as possible. If it's the latter it's not such a big deal I guess.
Yeah I'm not sure I understand the question either. If you mean rehousing then absolutely. If you mean simply moving their enclosure to a different shelf, then no. How do you think I dust my shelves? [emoji14]

david11

3 Year Member
i mean just moving the enclosure to another room because i open the window in my room 2 times a week for an hour or 2 just so it feels fresher :p

timc

3 Year Member
i mean just moving the enclosure to another room because i open the window in my room 2 times a week for an hour or 2 just so it feels fresher :p
Oh no that's not such a big deal at all. In fact it's probably better for the spiders to get that fresh air too.

Latest posts