• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DIY: Tarantula Bite Kit

Spiders&Snakes

For those of us that keep old worlds, I've always found it prudent to have some sort of "bite kit" on hand, just in case one of the little buggers tags you. Some may say having a bite kit is overkill, but if it helps dull any pain and saves you from a trip to the hospital, then it has served it's purpose.

You can make your own quite easily.

Here's mine:

20230121_095759.jpg

20230121_095901.jpg

CONTENTS:

Duct Tape (for urticating hairs)
Strong Painkillers (preferably codeine or co-codamol)
Itch Cream (in the UK we have Eurax)
Antiseptic Wipes
Plasters / Bandaids
Alcohol Gel

Hope someone found this useful :)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For me, neosporin, ibuprofen, and a nap. Good enough. Never been bitten.

Zoopy

For me, neosporin, ibuprofen, and a nap. Good enough. Never been bitten.

Is neosporin a disinfectant too? I always keep strong alcohol around for any kind of animal bite. Hurts like the devil, but it gives me some more certainty.

I have an acquaintance who got bitten by one of her jumping spiders and she got a pretty nasty infection from it.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Is neosporin a disinfectant too? I always keep strong alcohol around for any kind of animal bite. Hurts like the devil, but it gives me some more certainty.

I have an acquaintance who got bitten by one of her jumping spiders and she got a pretty nasty infection from it.
I don’t know, I just use it as a remedy for nearly everything. In my case, I went through a very bad ear infection last year. I doubt any pain could ever compare. If It gets too bad I’ll just skip the disinfectant and go straight to the hospital.

Latest posts