• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

higxht

Hey everyone,

I am doing an assignment for my university course in which I have to make a presentation and talk around a species of exotic bird, reptile, amphibian, or invertebrate in our animal collection at my university site.

For my assignment I chose the lovely Desert Blond (due to me already covering a few assignments like this based on reptiles and birds whilst at college). The first part of my assignment is a talk and accompanying PowerPoint based on how the species is caught and handled in a captive environment. It is suggested to consider general species information, health and safety in handling/capture techniques and a general health check when handling said species.
For the second part I have to present, recall and justify 'captive husbandry and management' on the species producing an A4 (6 sided maximum) information sheet. Obviously this includes habitat, substrates, feed, enclosure grouping, breeding or anything under that radar.

I am familiar with handling and capture techniques but am willing to hear all personal touches and experiences. I would appreciate any help anyone can give!

I understand it may seem like I'm basically asking for my assignment to be written for me but due to the legislation and lack of knowledge about prime tarantula husbandry all - if not most of this territory is covered by personal preference so I thought who to ask if not the best of the best?

Sorry if this is not allowed or posted in the wrong place.

(I will reply to any messages whenever possible, I'm a full time student and a full time worker, whilst trying to balance a social life at the age of 19 so some patience would be appreciated!)

TIA! - Harry

CAcowgirl

Please help me better understand your info needs. Or, read my notes here and see if anything I have can help. If my experience and knowledge can help you, I can give you my Google number and we can text and find a time that works to do a phone call.

I've not been field herping for A. chalcodes. I've looked or them, but didn't find them.

I own one mature female A. chalcodes. I estimate her to be 20-25+ years old. She's large and beautiful. I've owned her for 10 years. Se was owned by a friend who caught her in the field 5 years prior. She's been in captivity for 15 years and was already large when I got her. And they're a slow growing species. I paired her with a mature male once but it didn't result in an egg sac.

So essentially, I have experience caring for one in captivity but that's about it. I'm not sure if that is enough to help you build your report.

I don't check tarantula forum often and I too am busy, but I'll set a reminder to check tomorrow night around 8:00.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Let me get that for you:

(believe it or not, no A chalcodes)

Now don't go plagiarizing and good luck

CAcowgirl

Ok, I'm checking in as promised. I have too much on my plate to tend to this so it'll lie in the hands of octanejunky's post, anyone who wants to help, or just you.

Good luck to you.

Latest posts