• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cyriopagopsis hati hati

arachbiodude

Purple earth tiger. I have not been able to photograph it since I raised it from sling. Hides in burrow. Do they come out much?

Attachments

• purple earth tiger.jpg
    purple earth tiger.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 17

meridannight

Yeah, mine hides most of the time as well. He is still a little spiderling, but made himself a little burrow-cave next to a tree bark in his enclosure. Has covered it up with a dirt curtain and debris and just sits down there. I never see him out anymore.

I know he's alive because he has this entrance tunnel through which I sometimes spot his feet. Very very shy and sensitive species in my experience. Stresses easily. I've never owned adults, but I'm hoping they become bolder as they age, because they're such a beautiful species.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We have a couple & as slings/juvi's they are fossorial & as adults arboreal.

As adults they like bark tubes & to hide away. Although as adults they do often hide away in view if you provide something like ivy around their bark & do provide a bark tube, rather than a slab of bark for the adults, as they like to sit out of view.

Edited to add, as Juvi's I try to provide both some substrate depth & some bark height.

Latest posts