• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

climbing rosie?

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
hey! my rosie is constantly climbing. i just moved her to a 5 gallon tank, and she climbed the silicon glue,and nearly fell. so i put her in a temp enclosure so the 5 gal could dry (yes i know about the humididty thing) but shes still climbing even though shes on bone dry substrate. help!

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
It takes them a little while to get comfortable with new substrate. Once they web up the ground a little they settle in. It's too late now but rehousing a T in pre-molt is not a good idea. Rehousing put a lot of stress on them and you don't want to stress them out during a molt.

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
yeah. the reason im rehousing her is because if she were to molt in her old home, she probably wouldnt fit. its funny because my pulchripes and emilia molted no more than a DAY after i transferred them. its weird because the day before they molted they were both eating

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
Hopefully I was right about that fine also your Golden Knee does he or she molt a lot? Or they're slow growers?

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
well, i powerfeed ALL my t's, so yeah. she molts every other month. its good that i powerfeed my brachypelma emilia bc she has leg problems. when i got her as a 1/4 2nd instar, she had 7 legs. then once her leg grew back, she broke a different leg in a molt. now the leas are all good.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
yes. too big.you know those googly eyes that we used to use in arts and crafts? find one, cut off the paper on the back, remove the "pupil" and then fill it

I really like this idea. For my little ones I get these little clear dishes that have similar lids to the vials many people use for slings. And use those lids for dishes they are only about a mm deep.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Hi, there…

My G. rosea climbs all the time, it's perfectly normal. At 4 inches, a height of 5 sounds fine; the recommended height is about the same as the T's leg span, and definitely no higher than twice that, so you're good. At her size, though, I wouldn't power-feed her. Roses eat very little in the wild, particularly in winter. Around 6-8 crickets a month is ideal; you can feed even less in the colder months.

Dean Whitlock

3 Year Member
My GSR climbs all the time, like Ethan Hunt from Mission Impossible.
It's fine, mines fallen about 3 times causing my heart to jump outta my chest.

I'm just buzzing after 6 weeks and she's finally used her hide, which I've built to have a side window so I can still view.

Latest posts