• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chile rose problems

Danny96

3 Year Member
I need some help, I just got my first tarantula (rose hair) a few weeks ago and I've noticed a red liquid like bubble by its mouth/fags and I've never seen this before. Could someone tell me what it is? I don't think it's venom.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've never seen that before..it's kind of blurry, can you get a better shot of it? And has your G rosea eaten anything yet? is she calm, and settling in, or is she restless?

Danny96

3 Year Member
That's the only decent one I could get, but she hasn't been eating lately but I think it's because she's coming close to molt

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
been doing some research and another forum says that this is normal cleaning of fangs
and they occasionally regurgitate liquid sometimes including bits of its last meal, hence the color.
Now , I don't know if this is truth but many folks over there said theirs did it also.
I'll continue to look round and see what I can find.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm not sure what that is, Danny..I'd do like Kymura is doing and research threads and posts on more populated forums. Often the only data we can get is from other keepers. It's probably something minor, if your spider is acting normal, but they don't give us many signs early on if something is wrong. Often, spiders bought at petstores are wild caught and have wild spider issues not seen much from captive bred spiders. My only suggestion is to keep an eye on her, and see what you can find by researching it. Hope this helped a little, but Kymura can probably help you more than me at this point.

Danny96

3 Year Member
been doing some research and another forum says that this is normal cleaning of fangs
and they occasionally regurgitate liquid sometimes including bits of its last meal, hence the color.
Now , I don't know if this is truth but many folks over there said theirs did it also.
I'll continue to look round and see what I can find.
Someone else also mentioned this, thanks man

spidey noob

3 Year Member
@Kymura
what u have read abought them cleaning there self is 100% wright :)

@Danny96
there are 3 main reasons they have fluid round there mouths !
1, cleaning them self (left over food / substrate from a feeder)
2, damage to the mouth / fangs
3, nematodes (internal parasite)
in the pics there is no sign of damage & no sign of worms in the mouth area, so i most likely just cleaning its self.
m g,rosea done exactly the same thing the day i got her !

Latest posts