• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cheap encluser

Jesse254

3 Year Member
What size are you wanting? Deli containers are cheap and sometimes free. I asked at a local deli and they said they would give me a few. I eat at that deli routinely though.

god61021

3 Year Member
Walmart has 5" x 8" critter keepers for 6 bucks, our local petstore has 10 gallon aquariums for 13 bucks. depends on what your wanting to do

khatchet

3 Year Member
Im looking for a bit more then that like the ones they sell on jamies tarantulas and small arnt bad price.But when you get to the big ones it just some much I could buy exotra. Its crazy. Should I just buy the stuff and make them.

god61021

3 Year Member
ive been researching that myself, and unless your going to be mass producing them, they are not going to be as nice or cheap, you have to figure the tools and skill to use the tools in the equation also.

god61021

3 Year Member
I personally like how jaimies can be terrestrial or arboreal when a lot of them can't but, I feel they are a little on the small side for my tastes.

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
I use a sterilite tub with holes drilled in for ventilation for my G. rosea and a small kritter keeper for my H. carolinensis. The tubs are like three bucks at WalMart, just be careful what kind of lid you get. Some don't seal tightly and leave gaps I bet a T could get a leg caught in.
Also you won't get a nice clear view of your T bc of the plastic, but I don't think the spiders mind not having a 100% clear view of the giant monsters that toss crickets at them.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
I use a sterilite tub with holes drilled in for ventilation for my G. rosea and a small kritter keeper for my H. carolinensis. The tubs are like three bucks at WalMart, just be careful what kind of lid you get. Some don't seal tightly and leave gaps I bet a T could get a leg caught in.
Also you won't get a nice clear view of your T bc of the plastic, but I don't think the spiders mind not having a 100% clear view of the giant monsters that toss crickets at them.

This ^

Those big acrylic enclosures are good if you have a single specimen you want to display nicely, or have the means to make them yourself in quantity. But for the price of 1 you can buy caging for an entire small collection with money left for a new sling at the end.

creaturekeeper 91

3 Year Member
I just made this one last night relatively cheap but I had to buy everything in bulk so I can make more when I want too

Attachments

• IMAG0487.jpg
    IMAG0487.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41