• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cage cleaning for a GBB

Destiny

Hello, I have a green bottle blue tarantula and she has made lots of webs. I need to clean her cage, but I read on another post that you should not remove the web. I don't know how I am to clean the cage without removing webs. What do you guys do about this? I know it needs to be cleaned because I see something white in the soil that looks like calcified pee, or something gross of that nature.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you can get to it with tongs without disturbing the web too much then remove it otherwise leave it, there is no one to clean it up for them in the wild and it won't harm her.

Destiny

Thank you, Enn! I will try to get to it without disturbing anything because I feel like it needs to be dealt with. I live on the beach and it's very humid here. I'm worried my climate makes it difficult for my girl (Ursula) to live in a dry climate.

Latest posts